Friday, July 24, 2009

Beanie

Wow, it's been nearly four months since I last wrote. I don't have the time or energy to write much now. I just wanted to post SOMETHING.

I'm really tired tonight. Tomorrow is Beanie's (and Ziggy's) annual birthday party. Beanie was 10 on Wednesday. I think he is in excellent shape for a pug his age. But I know that it is possible he only has about five more years and it's also possible he may decline quite a bit over that time. The prospect frightens me. Some might think it's crazy or stupid, but I feel as though he is my child. Never felt that way about a dog before. And although I love Ziggy to death, Beanie is special to me in a way that's hard to explain. I don't want to contemplate life without him. I can (which is progress because there was a time when I couldn't - at all), but I don't want to.

Anyway, I took the dogs for a walk this afternoon and got such a kick out of Beanie. He got in the creek and waded in pretty deep. Then I threw sticks for him and he swam to get them. He was feeling good.

I've been pretty much cleaning all day. Also shopped, made macaroni salad and baked a carrot cake. Tired now so I must sign off. Hope to be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment